Mariendalsmøllen: In 1757-60 a windmill was built at the outskirts of Aalborg as supplement for 3 watermills in the city. In 1893 it was replaced by a bigger and more modern Dutch windmill. The mill contains millwork, gears etc., but unfortunately it is only used as a landmark.

Øster Sundby windmill: Moved from Ravnstrup to the present place in 1910, after the old mill burned down. Dutch mill with original springsails. In daily use until 1967.

Vodskov windmill was first built in 1882. It burned down in 1910, and was replaced by the present mill, which was moved from Flamsted. Despite the mill’s small size it has a lot of machinery (the owner was a millwright).

Dorf water- and windmill: The watermill is first mentioned in the 17th century. In 1877 the windmill was build as supplement in times of drought or frost. About 1920 the waterwheel was replaced by a Francis turbine, and the watermill was turned into a power plant that supplied the farm with electricity.

Godthåb hammer mill: Originally a paper mill, which in 1858 was rebuilt as a hammer mill. In 1868 the Poncelet waterwheel was replaced by a Francis turbine. The waterwheel is exhibited outside the mill. Inside is a rich maschinery, which is still working now and then.

Hjerritsdal watermill: First mentioned in the 15th century. In its present shape it is from 1832. It has an interior overshot waterwheel and under drive (the spurwheel beneath the stones), which is typical for North Jutland. It is situated in a marvellous landscape.

Havnø windmill: Small Dutch mill built in 1842 with the original machinery for grinding rye and pearled barley. In the 19th century it produced pearled barley for export to Norway.

The exhibition: Danish Millwrighting through the ages at Nordjyllands Historiske Museum, Hadsund. An exhibition arranged by curator Lise Andersen.

Møllebygger John Jensen Aps, millwright workshop. The workshop was founded 1882. From 1978 till his death in 2008, the owner was the well known Danish millwright John Jensen. His son Michael Jensen continues his father’s work.

Tadre watermill: First mentioned in 1405. In its present shape it is built about 1840. It has an overshot waterwheel and over drive (spurwheel over the stones), which is typical for Seeland.

Ringsted windmill: Excellent Dutch windmill from 1872, with a very rich machinery. It was in daily use until 1965. Fully restored in 1886. Today they produce organic flour.

Lille Mølle: Watermill with two overshot wheels. The mill was once owned by the molinologist Anders Jespersen, who made a lot of molinological experiments with his Lille Mølle (the name means Little Mill).

Ulbølle windmill is built 1863 as a brick laid windmill with reefing stage. One of only 3 Danish mills with iron sails stocks. Remark the yellow color of the sails stocks, which is typical for southern Fyn. . In daily use until 1970.

Rødkilde watermill once was a hair powder mill, built in 1754. Later rebuild for grinding cereals. It has the biggest overshot wheel in Denmark (5,65 m). In 1994 it was restored by millwright John Jensen. The restoration was given the Europa Nostra award for well executed restoration and handicraft.

Grubbe Mill (water- and windmill). The watermill is first mentioned in 1599 but has been rebuilt many times. The windmill was moved from Nykøbing on Seeland in 1892. The windmill was seriously damaged in a gale in 1999, but is fully restored.

Kaleko watermillis the oldest preserved watermill in Denmark. It is probably from the time of king Valdemar Atterdags (1340-1375). Originally it had undershot wheels, but in the 17th century it got 2 overshot wheels. The mill was opened as museum in 1917.

Ventepose watermill is one of Denmark’s three oldest watermills, built in the 17th century. It was in use until 1934. Built on the shore of the island Tåsinge. The farmers came by boat with their corn.